I am seeking proposals from pianists who are interested in being hired to learn, perform, and make a video recording of one or more of the following piano solo works over the coming year.
– “Sonatine Spirit” • https://youtu.be/Tf-2H4BJh2E
– Suite for Piano, Movement 1 • https://youtu.be/n-NKcs076UI
– Suite for Piano, Movement 3 • https://youtu.be/CntmWYdOA9Y
– “Flow” • https://youtu.be/WZnG-AXTtLM
– “Flight” • https://youtu.be/1uhLIGILUn4 at 6:38
• pianists must either make the video themselves or must find someone to film and record their performance
• use an acoustic grand piano that is in tune and in excellent playing condition
• make a high quality audio recording
• video quality: good, but non-professional is acceptable (e.g., iphone with good lighting may yield acceptable results)
• use visually appealing venue/setting/location/backdrop
• the recording of a live performance (in front of an audience) is possible, as long as the performance is on par with a good studio take, the audio quality remains excellent (not overly distant or marred by noise), and the pianist’s facial expressions are easily visible
• camera angles: fixed camera angle is acceptable (in which case, face and hands must be visible), if multiple angles, then show hands during technical passagework
• the piece does not need to be memorized (you can read from the score in the video)
• before shooting the final video, the pianist must send a preliminary recording (audio) and incorporate feedback from the composer
• deadline for proposals: May 30, 2020
• follow-up for selected proposals will take place during June 2020
• project completion deadline: flexible/by agreement, preferably within 6-11 months of agreement
To submit a proposal, please fill out the form below.
For more information about the composer, visit http://www.franciskayali.com/
Please feel free to forward this page to pianists who may be interested.
Questions, comments, suggestions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org