The Maine Music Teachers Association is a nonprofit, professional organization dedicated to maintaining standards of excellence among its member teachers. Members’ students are eligible to compete in MMTA state and MTNA national performance and composition competitions at all levels.
Through MMTA’s affiliation with Music Teachers National Association (MTNA), it is possible for members to obtain national certification. In the membership directory, those members who have met national requirements for certification are identified as
The Value of MMTA Membership
Many music teachers work by themselves in a private setting. Whether you have a private studio or are part of a larger organization, the MMTA provides the collaborative environment and community support necessary to help your studio flourish. Here are some of the benefits.
- Collegial relationships – get together with colleagues at regular meetings to share ideas, review books, and make long-lasting friendships with people in your field.
- Continuing education – expand your teaching skills by attending our Fall Conferences, Quad State Conferences, and presentations by guest speakers sponsored by our local chapters.
- Performance opportunities – motivate and challenge your students by entering them in our Monster Concerts, Pine Tree Festivals, and Fall Evaluation Recitals.
- Networking – learn about local professional opportunities from your colleagues.
- Access to MTNA Resources – gain access to the many discounts, professional support services, publications, and educational opportunities available only through the MTNA. Learn more about the MTNA here.
Please see our news page for the most current information about events, kudos, and performances that might be of interest to our members, their students, and friends!!