The Maine Music Teachers Association (MaineMTA) is a 501c3 nonprofit, professional organization dedicated to maintaining standards of excellence among its member teachers. Members’ students are eligible to participate in a variety of competitive and non-competitive performance events sponsored by our national, state, and local affiliates.
Through MaineMTA’s affiliation with Music Teachers National Association (MTNA), it is possible for members to earn the title of Nationally Certified Teacher of Music (NCTM) through MTNA’s Professional Certification Program. In the MaineMTA membership directory, those members who have met the requirements for national certification are identified as NCTM.
The Value of MaineMTA Membership
Many music teachers work by themselves in a private setting. Whether you own a private studio or are part of a larger organization, MaineMTA provides the collaborative environment and community support necessary to help your studio flourish. Here are a few of the many benefits MaineMTA members enjoy.
- Collegial relationships – get together with colleagues at regular meetings to share ideas, review books, and make long-lasting friendships with people in your field.
- Continuing education – expand your teaching skills by attending our Fall Conferences, Quad State Conferences, and presentations by guest speakers sponsored by our local chapters.
- Performance opportunities – motivate and challenge your students by entering them in our Piano Monster Festivals, Pine Tree Music Competition, and Fall Evaluation Recitals.
- Networking – learn about local professional opportunities from your colleagues.
- Access to MTNA Resources – gain access to the many discounts, professional support services, publications, and educational opportunities available only through MTNA. Learn more about MTNA here.
Please see our news page for the most current information about events, kudos, and performances that might be of interest to our members, their students, and friends!!