You can join the Maine Music Teachers Association by joining the MTNA, the Music Teachers’ National Association. The National Association collects dues payments on behalf of the MaineMTA and this is reflected in the invoice you receive when you pay your MTNA dues. It can look a little confusing, but hey, you’re a music teacher, you’ll figure it out! Once we receive notification from the national association that you have joined, we’ll send you (by email, of course) information on how to access the members-only portions of this website. Primarily, that consists of membership contact information.
You can jump to the MTNA membership page right here.
MTNA Membership Delivers:
For well over a century, MTNA has been the backbone for a collaborative community of music-teaching professionals, connecting both the seasoned educator and those at the beginning of their career.
Membership with MTNA does more than simply complement your career as a music professional—it supports, supplements and shapes it. It empowers music teachers nationwide to become better educators through networking, leadership, mentoring and educational opportunities.
- Peer Connections—a network of outlets, forums and channels for like-minded individuals in the music profession to collaborate and communicate, both locally and nationally
- Ongoing Education—conferences, events and advice on teaching tips and pedagogy, technology and web trends, master classes and informational sessions
- Invaluable Resources—access to countless benefits, from Certification, publications and consultation services to competitions, teacher enrichment grants and insurance
The Benefits of Membership:
Discounts and Resources
Discounts on MTNA conferences and competitions, as well as office supplies, travel and much more!
Professional & Personal Insurance Coverage – more info at the MTNA Member Resources page.
Featuring MTNA’s preeminent yearly national conference, with workshops and seminars on teaching (including group and recreational music-making), ethics, industry developments and more.
Professional Support Services
Recommendations and referrals for studio resources, insurance and legal consultation, enrichment grants for teacher study, merchant services and new technology resources.
MTNA Professional Certification Program – click here for more information.
MTNA keeps you up-to-date with current trends in the music industries with our two exclusive publications:
- American Music Teacher– the official journal of MTNA, providing articles, columns and reviews to inform, educate and challenge six times a year.
- MTNA e-Journal – an online-based journal containing informational articles supplemented with interactive features and extras.
Visit the MTNA website for more National Membership information, including Member Resources, Member Discounts: www.mtna.org